In Peru, Chinese food bears the name of Chifa and one of its emblematic dishes is arroz chaufa, a delight for the palate. peruvian foods
peruvian foods Peruvian chaufa rice
MAG WRITINGUpdated on 08/20/2020 09:39 AM m.
Its ingredients include rice, chicken and vegetables such as spring onions or Chinese onion, eggs, soy sauce and oil, all cooked quickly over high heat in a wok. To this you can add other inputs such as sausage, beef, among others.
Preparing chaufa rice at home in the same style as a Chifa is very simple and here we leave you the recipe by Menú Perú.
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 150 gr chicken breast in small cubes
- 150 gr turkey ham in small cubes
- 150 g pork, in pieces
- 1 tbsp. Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. Chinese onion, white part, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp. grated kion
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. Butter
- 6 tz. cooked rice
- 1/2 tz. sillao
- 6 tbsp. Chinese onion, green part, chopped
- salt and pepper
Preparation: Peruvian chaufa rice
- Heat the oil in a skillet or wok over medium heat and cook the chicken, ham and pork for six minutes.
- Add the sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the Chinese onion, white part, and the kion. Mix well. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat and add the beaten eggs. Wait until the tortilla is ready, remove from the heat and cut into squares.
- Bring the pan with the meat back to the heat and add the rice. Mix well all the ingredients. Add the soy sauce a few at a time and integrate until the rice is evenly painted.
- Add the tortilla and Chinese onion green part. Take off the fire and serve immediately.